World Glaucoma Association
The World Glaucoma Association (WGA) is an independent, impartial, ethical, global organization for glaucoma science and care. WGA’s core purpose is to eliminate glaucoma-related disability worldwide. The WGA is the largest international glaucoma association, encompassing a network of 89 Glaucoma Societies worldwide and 11 Glaucoma Industry Members with over 12,000 individual members.
Meet the WGA Patient Committee
The WGA Patient Committee aims to raise awareness, connect glaucoma patients with the global glaucoma network, and build a bridge between patients and health care professionals.
What can the WGA do for you?
Membership of the World Glaucoma Association is free if you’re a member of one of our affiliated glaucoma societies.
- Belong to a global community: connect with other health care professionals specialized in glaucoma.
- Access top-notch resources: receive free online access to our publications: the International Glaucoma Review (IGR) and the Journal of Glaucoma (JOG) and read the latest news of the WGA in our monthly newsletter.
- Help drive glaucoma awareness: have a voice to advocate for glaucoma and participate in World Glaucoma Week, planned annually in March.
- Experience significant savings: take advantage of a discount on the registration fee for our biennial World Glaucoma Congress (WGC).
- Boost your knowledge on glaucoma: develop your professional standing and that of your institution by using our educational portal, online courses and webinars.
- Experience strength in numbers: gain valuable insights with the Glaucoma Consensus Initiative, based on the idea that the collective wisdom of a group is better than the opinion of a single expert.
- Support your patients: relay unbiased information about glaucoma, using accessible language in a user-friendly platform.
The WGA services
- World Glaucoma Congress
- Increase glaucoma awareness
- Newsletters to keep you updated on our activities
- IGR Online: searchable glaucoma abstract database
- International Glaucoma Review
- Journal of Glaucoma
- Basic Course in Glaucoma
- Educational portal for online learning
- Fellowship Program
- Consensus meetings & publications
- Patient Education Website
More information on the World Glaucoma Association can be found at worldglaucoma.org.